Another photograph of Chatburn Road End Garage taken at
the same time as the other,showing a better view of the area.
Behind the petrol station is Calverleys,which is one of
the oldest family run firms in the town.Here is a receipt from 1906.Going
off the artwork on the heading of the receipt it looks that once upon a time
Calverleys owned all of that corner using it as a yard for their joinery and