The Boars Head did not exist as an inn untill 1826.The pub
was around for about another 75 years and then served it's last pint around
the turn of last century.After this the pub became 'The Cafe' which can also
be seen else where on this site.Over the years there have been alot of other
old pubs that have gone.Another old pub in the Market Place used to be The
Lower Black Bull which is now Cowgills.
Two more photographs taken shortly before The Boars Head